Top 10 Viral Videos – August 2009Posted in Uncategorized
Viral videos from UK companies Bensons for Beds and Johnnie Walker, and international electronics giant Sony topped the list of the 10 viral campaigns and videos selected by video-content distributor Goviral as the most interesting and innovative in August 2009.
The videos on the list use various approaches to hold viewers’ attention – ranging from humor to education to building anticipation for real-world events and showcasing stunts. They also bring into clear perspective the international nature of viral video and how various companies are using these vehicles to build global brand awareness.
The top 10 picks for August, with links to view on YouTube:
for Beds – Mattress Dominoes, agency: Wand
Walker – The Walk, agency: BHH London
3. Sony –
Twilight Football, agency: Dare/OMD/GoViral
Bicycles – Danny MacAskill
5. Microsoft – Giant Waterslide, agency: MRM Worldwide
6. Red Bull – Times Square Pit Stop
7. MSI – Laptop Tricks
8. ABSOLUT – Differently, agency: TBWA/CHIAT/DAY New York
9. Nokia – Booklet 3G, agency: Wieden & Kennedy, JWT
10. HP – You on You Project, agency: Goodby Silverstein & Partners
About the rankings: Goviral issues a monthly top-10 list of viral video rankings on its site, including additional commentary about the videos.